Event Name: Sadie's Raqs Flow Certification Program (Level 1)
Dates: Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th, March 2018
Location: Bellywood Studios
2180 Central Florida Pkwy, Unit A4, Orlando, FL
11 hours of training
2 hr testing (optional)
Open to all levels of dancers though this is not a beginner's course.
Dancers should have some basic training in Bellydance.
Sadie Marquardt, considered the Queen of Drum Solos and one of the leading Belly Dance instructors worldwide, will be teaching her comprehensive Belly Dance Certification Program (Levels 1) in Orlando, FL, exclusively at Bellywood Studios.
Students will train for 11 hours in the Level 1 curriculum and will be eligible to test for a Level 1 certificate. Testing is optional but required to certify in the program.
Syllabus (Level 1)
- History and cultural examination
- Level 1 Strength training and conditioning to develop the core, enhance
stamina, flexibility, balance, and well being
- Implementation of posture and arm positions. Analysis of their modes of use
- Introduction to applicable classical dance movement techniques and body
- Level 1 Raqs Flow technique and movement vocabulary
- Introduction to the Raqs Sharqi movement vocabulary
- Level 1 Rhythm identification and timing with live darbuka musician
- Level 1 Drills designed to enhance stamina, coordination and rhythmic
- Level 1 Choreography to enhance and develop “Flow”
*Space is limited to 30 students to ensure personal coaching and feedback.
LEVEL 1 TEST
A 2-hr testing will be scheduled at the conclusion of Level 1 intensive to evaluate comprehension of the material covered.
The test will consist of:
- A physical test
- A written test
Saturday 17th March 2018
9 - 1 pm Certification Training
@ Bellywood Studios (full training will be at our studio)
Organic Smoothies available for $5
1 - 2 pm Lunch break
Various restaurants at walking distance
2 - 6 pm Certification Training
Sunday 18th March 2018
9 - 12 pm Certification Training
12 - 1 pm Lunch Break
1 - 3 pm Testing
We are considering organizing a hafla on Friday evening, prior training. If we have enough people interested in attending/performing at the hafla, we will organize it. If that's the case, please email is directly at (we answer all emails within 48 hrs) or calling at 321.663.8326 or 931.201.7473